ABINGDON POKER RALLY
Sponsored by The Houston MG Car Club
The Abingdon Poker Rally will be run on Saturday, August 9, 2014, beginning at 10:00 am at The Stag’s Head Pub, 2128 Portsmouth Street (in Shepherd Plaza, corner of Richmond and Shepherd).
This is an OPEN MARQUE poker rally for all vintage British and European cars. The MG, Austin Healey, Triumph and Morgan clubs have been invited.
Plan on enjoying a hearty meal and libations at The Stag’s Head around 12:30 pm. They serve over 50 draft beers as well as English and Southwest breakfast on Saturdays until 3:00 pm. Darts will be available, and the 1955 film, The Racers, (starring Kirk Douglas) will be playing.
- First Stop – 10:00 am Stag’s Head Pub (donuts and coffee served)
- Second Stop – Speed and Sport Chrome Shop on Broadway (they are one of the premier chrome shops in the USA, and have many celebrity customers including Jay Leno’s Big Dog Garage)
- Third Stop – Reserve Supply Company on Washington Ave. (clothing and gear for “gearheads”)
- Fourth Stop – Foyt and Co. Machine Shop off Long Point (Joe Foyt Sr. is a cousin of A.J. Foyt. They have been in the specialty machining business since 1954)
- Fifth Stop – 12:30 pm – Stag’s Head Pub (awards, drinks, food)
For questions, contact the Rallymaster:
Cragg Eubanks – firstname.lastname@example.org or (281) 467-1874