Houston

MG Car Club

It's all about the MG's - The British Sports Car America Loved First

Mechanical Problems

• February 05, 2019 10:41 PM
    Reply # 7149337 on 6686306
    Anonymous wrote:

FACET FUEL PUMP

After a year of ownership on a 1975 MGB, I still have a long list of fixes  I will get around to with pleasure, but one problem is frustrating. The Facet fuel pump has a reputation for being noisy, but mine is noisy and then goes to REALLY NOISY for about 30 seconds or so. I installed an in-line filter between tank and pump in case it was crap from the tank. Also make it easier to check that fuel is reaching the pump. Seems to be worse at low speeds and when tank is less the half full. Any suggestions on where to investigate next? 

Hard to tell without hearing it.  Made any progress figuring it out?
  • February 05, 2019 8:45 AM
    Reply # 7147809 on 7145854
    Bob Chalker (Administrator)
    Anonymous wrote:

Looking for someone to do tire/tube replacement on MGA spoke wheels in Houston area. Any ideas? Have tires, tubes and bands, need mounting and balancing...

Shannon Ron Redding at 5R Restoration may be able to help you.  There is also a tire shop in Houston that specializes in wire wheels, but I am struggling to come up with the name.  Someone else in the club will hopefully help.

Last modified: February 05, 2019 8:46 AM | Bob Chalker (Administrator)
  • February 04, 2019 11:11 AM
    Reply # 7145854 on 6364690

Looking for someone to do tire/tube replacement on MGA spoke wheels in Houston area. Any ideas? Have tires, tubes and bands, need mounting and balancing...

• September 21, 2018 10:53 AM
    Reply # 6686306 on 6364690

FACET FUEL PUMP

After a year of ownership on a 1975 MGB, I still have a long list of fixes  I will get around to with pleasure, but one problem is frustrating. The Facet fuel pump has a reputation for being noisy, but mine is noisy and then goes to REALLY NOISY for about 30 seconds or so. I installed an in-line filter between tank and pump in case it was crap from the tank. Also make it easier to check that fuel is reaching the pump. Seems to be worse at low speeds and when tank is less the half full. Any suggestions on where to investigate next? 

Last modified: September 21, 2018 10:54 AM | Anonymous member
  • July 08, 2018 11:50 AM
    Reply # 6365443 on 6364690
    Mike Woodward (Administrator)

Lug Centric Wheels

For those of you with lug centric wheels instead of hub centric wheels I have the adapter that you will need if you want your wheels balanced. Just pop me an email and we can arrange for you to pick it up. (No charge to club members).

• July 07, 2018 6:10 PM
    Message # 6364690
    Dwight Dawson (Administrator)

If you are wanting assistance with a minor repair or maintenance task, you can Reply here and ask for ideas.  Be sure to provide an appropriate SUBJECT. 

Contact Us:  HoustonMGCarClub@gmail.com

Houston MG Car Club

PO Box 40711

Houston, TX   77240.