Houston

MG Car Club

It's all about the MG's - The British Sports Car America Loved First

March meeting / track time

• February 13, 2019 5:48 PM
    Reply # 7163337 on 7149333

Does anyone know if the battery "bucket" with a fixed lid is acceptable, or do they want a tie down inside of it.

• February 07, 2019 9:53 PM
    Reply # 7153119 on 7149333

Thanks Mike.  I'll need to call them to check if my battery hold down would pass.  I use an industrial zip tie (it's about 1/2" wide and 3/16" thick and holds the battery as security as any metal bar, but may not fit the rules).  It wouldn't be too difficult to make a more standard hold down but I'm not sure I'll have time before the 2nd.  You wouldn't happen to have their phone number would you?

• February 07, 2019 3:00 PM
    Reply # 7152525 on 7149333
    Mike Gentry (Administrator)

I believe the fee for the Autocross will be $30.   The course is located at the HPD academy near Aldine Westfield and Rankin Road.   Unsure of the course layout, but there is a safety inspection of your vehicle prior to the event.   Batteries must have fixed hold downs (no bungee cords) and all loose items in the boot and passenger compartment removed.   Also, need to wear a helmet......will be supplied if you do not have.

• February 05, 2019 10:32 PM
    Message # 7149333

RE: the email about the March meeting...  "Do not miss the March monthly meeting which is all about racing. The gust speakers are Glenn Carpenter and Ed Rosenquist who will be describing various aspect of racing MG's. Then immediately after the meeting we have the opportunity to take out LB cars out on to the track."

Sounds like fun!

Anyone have info on what track?  How long we'd have access?  And the fees?