The September monthly meeting was held at the Butler House (home of the 2022 Houston All British Car Day) with a great turnout of members and friends. We had the porch area all to ourselves, the burgers where hot and the beer was cold.
You may have heard of aroma therapy, well Ron Redding and Mike Woodward presented on fluid therapy for our LBC's. Their recommendations for the fluids to be used on our cars are:
- Engine Oil - Castrol GTX 20W50 Classic
- Gearbox - MGT's 80/90 weight gear oil; MGA & MGB's Castrol GTX 20W50
- Rear Axle - 90 weight gear oil
- Front Suspension - Multi-purpose lithium grease
- Propeller Shaft - multi-purpose lithium grease
- Steering Rack - white lithium grease
- Brake & Clutch reservoir - Dot 3 or 4; or upgrade to Dot 5, but requires a complete flush and brake system renewal. Do not mix Dot 5 with Dot 3 or 4.
- Gasoline - use an additive for long term storage - Stabil
- Coolant - 1 part coolant & 2 part water for best performance or 50/50 premixed coolant to make it easy. Also recommend using a super coolant such as Rislone's Hy-per Cool. Will lower the temperature by 10 degrees.
- Carburetor dampers - SU's Zenith Damper Oil or 20 weight oil. For older carbs 30 weight oil. non-detergent.
And after a hard day of renewing your cars fluids top it off with a cold beer of your choice.