PAGE DOWN TO SEE CARS FOR SALE
To Place an ad:
Members post for free until the car is sold or the owner notifies us to take the ad down, which ever comes first.
Non-members may post an ad for up to 3 months for $30.00
If you would like to list your car for sale on this page, send an email to HoustonMGCarClub@gmail.com with a description of the items for sale, photo and contact information. If you are not a member of the club go to the Store to purchase the advertisement
If you are not a member, Why not join the club? It's only $40.00 and you receive all the benefits of membership - Beautiful cars, great friends, and good food. Go to the Join Us page.
The Houston MG Car Club does not take any responsibility for nor warranty, endorse, recommend or provide any guarantees of these listings.
You can outsmart the vast majority of would-be scammers by following these common-sense rules:
1972 MG MGB Tourer
I have decided to sell my lovely chrome bumper MGB. It's time to move on. I enjoy the restoration process as much or more than driving - and this car is ready for driving!
There's too much documented history to share in this ad, but highlights include:
* Restoration or perhaps rehabilitation since this was a running driving car before the PO lost interest. Work began in 2020, concluding now.
* The car looks great and runs great.
* All gauges work properly and lights work as they should, thanks to freshened sockets and all new lamps.
* The cooling system is excellent thanks to a new waterpump, high performance aluminum radiator, and 160° 'tropical climate' thermostat.
* The ignition is rebuilt with all new distributor parts, plug wires, and plugs installed with thread lube.
* The SU carburetors are rebuilt and tuned for optimal performance and reliability.
* The battery, alternator and drive belt are new.
* The wire wheels are freshly powder coated silver and installed on lubricated splines. The inner tubes and tires are virtually new with under 50 miles of use.
* The brakes are rebuilt and fed by a new master cylinder. Front calipers, flex hoses and pads are installed over slightly 'turned' disks. Rear shoes are installed under slightly 'turned' drums.
* The clutch hydraulics are new.
* The convertible top frame is refinished black and reinstalled on the car where it awaits installation of the new soft top, still in the box and included with the car.
* Hagerty says my MGB in category #3 condition is worth $12,000. Discount $500 for a top installation and we end up with a Hagerty (inflated) asking price of $11,500.
Price: $10,000 , all offers considered.
Contact: Richard Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details, and/or 281-253-0880 for txt or chat.
1954 MG TF!
Moving and downsizing --beautiful and great driving 1954 MG TF Black exterior and Camel interior. First time offered for sale. Sale price is $29,750.
Contact: Johnny Villareal at 512-557-3299
You can also email Johnny at email@example.com
1980 MGB Limited for sale
New interior and new top, runs great. Some gauges not working, may need tune up and brake job since it hasn’t been used much. 51,118 original miles.
Contact: Mike Foreman, (979) 410-3621, firstname.lastname@example.org
- New leather seats
- New top
- New carpet including trunk
- New brakes
- New tires
- New starter
- Aftermarket bluetooth stereo and speakers
- Also has a GPS speedometer and matching tach.
It does have two cracks in the windscreen after a replacement. All rubber and seals for the windscreen are new.
Car runs great and a lot of fun. I’ve got some injuries that make it too hard to drive.
I’m looking for $5000.
Contact: Greg Matteson at 832-361-1106 or email@example.com
1977 MG Midget
1977 MG Midget convertible for sale. 4-speed manual transmission with stainless brake lines with Castrol 5 brake fluid. Weber 32/36 carburetor, dual point Mallory ignition.
This 1977 MG Midget is finished in white over black vinyl upholstery and is powered by a 1.5-liter inline-four with a four-speed manual transmission. Equipment includes a black soft top, extra wire wheels, rubber bumpers, a heater, and a stereo. Many other extras are included. Odometer reading 8811.
Contact details firstname.lastname@example.org of 713-494-0043
1959 MGA and a 50-year collection of parts
Prior Houston MG Car Club member James Jones, is helping his brother-in-law sell his 1959 MGA. This car requires restoration but most of the parts required are reportedly included with the sale - in fact, the seller indicates that there are enough parts to help fund the restoration by selling extra parts to others who need them to restore their MGA's. Included are the following:
- 1959 MGA (believed to be originally red; later painted silver); last licensed in 1983; this car has never been in an accident
- 1959 1500cc (original motor from the car) including intake, exhaust, & carburators; seller indicates it was running well when pulled.
- 1959 original transmission (previously rebuilt by the seller using some parts from the later 1960's parts car's transmission)
- All of the original 1959 wheels & body panels
- Additional 1960's 1600cc motor from a parts car purchased by the seller's father; this motor has been disassembled for a rebuild; seller indicates all parts are accounted for.s
- Extra body panels from the 1960's car
- a large cache of additional parts
200+ photos are available to interested parties.
Price: $8,000 OBO.
Interested parties should contact James Jones at email@example.com or at (512) 914-2533.
This car has been stored in a garage since 2005 when last registered. It has 79K original miles and the engine was started 2 years ago. The car was purchased new by the current owners sister. It does have a clear title.
Charles Still 979-574-1312
1952 MG TD
British Racing Green with Wire Wheels
Green Leather Interior
Contact: Jim Geyser @ (281) 250-2088
1948 MG TC
(New Reduced Price)
A beautiful, rare 1948 MG TC that has belonged to a HMGCC member for over 50 years, garaged in a humidity controlled space with car cover. The MG had a $64,000 meticulously complete frame-up restoration in 2014 including the supercharged engine. It has been driven only 600 miles in the past 13 years and runs great.
Signal red with palomino interior
4.5"x9" tires with chrome wire wheels, including spare
Canvas top that has never been used
Over 100 spare parts and large collection of technical manuals and data included
Contact Charles Still at (979) 574-1312 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ground-up restoration in about 1995
New floors, rocker panels ( all pieces), front fenders.
New interior w/ leather seats.
Chrome wire wheels.
Rebuilt suspension w/ urethane bushings. Tube shock modification. New front hubs & bearings.
Engine rebuild with high compression racing pistons. Road cam. Electronic ignition. Weber carburetor.
Needs new top , but will furnish with color of buyer’s choice.
Front windshield glass replacement is also furnished.
Needs touch-up paint on driver’s side rear deck ( see picture). urethane paint is furnished.
$ 6,000 OBO
John Walton, email@example.com, 281-685-0684